Monday, June 29, 2009

I've been a bad girl...

GESTATIONAL DIABETES STINKS!  Do you know how hard it is for someone who loves to eat to follow a NO CARB diet????  Especially when pregnancy cravings for sweet stuff are so fierce.  Meat and Veggies, Meat and Veggies, Meat and Veggies.  I'm sick of meat and veggies. 

I had a visit with my doc this afternoon and she still isn't happy with my blood sugar.  Especially my fasting sugars.  I've been up front with her about everything though.  I wrote down everything I ate that triggered the blood sugar level.  No need to lie.  My baby's well-being is at stake!  

So she's about 5 feet tall and thin as a rail and was scolding me.  She's a little spitfire and I love her methods.  She apologized for scolding me, but I told her that I thank her for it.  She has kept me from gaining too much wait throughout my pregnancy and I completely appreciate her for that. She tells it like it is.  She said, if you don't get it under control, you will force me to take the baby by c-section.  The baby will get too big.  There are complications that come along with C-section.  

I really don't want a c-section.  I have to do better on my diet.  It's only 2 more months.  I can totally do this.  I go back next week. I'll keep you posted.