Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gestational Diabetes...the saga continues

So I had a follow up appointment at the Diabetes Clinic and then with my doctor.  She wasn't happy with the results.  My fasting sugars were still too high.  Looks like the diabetes folks allowed me too many carbs on the diet.  So my doctor wants me to cut out carbs completely and put me on some low-dosage medication.  So I bought a bunch of new food and had to throw away all the food I had bought last week.  She says if these efforts don't work, she may not allow me to carry the baby full-term.  He would get too large which is dangerous.  

Can I just say, this has been frustrating, but educational and I totally love my doctor.  I love how direct she is and that she gives me instructions that I can understand.  There is no gray area with her and I really appreciate that.  

I think cutting out the carbs will help get my glucose regulated.  I'll keep you posted!  I go next week for a follow up.  

No comments: