Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Men gain weight while their partner is pregnant. Yeah, sure. My husband has LOST 15 pounds!

According to a new study, men pack on an average of 14 pounds while their wives are pregnant.
The weight gain is blamed partly on the anxiety of becoming a new parent and also on taking part in their partner's cravings. But despite the weight gain, only 30% of fathers surveyed said they went on a diet after the baby was born to lose the weight.

Check out the article here: http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-male-baby-bumps-sympathy-or-anxiety/

My husband has LOST 15 pounds! What's up with that???? Ha Ha! I'm happy for him, but why now? I wonder what motivated him to diet now?

2 comments:

Mama's the Boss said...

My husband didn't gain any weight either. I think he lost too!

Anonymous said...

My husband decided to start working out again and he has lost about 30 lbs., it seems like every time he loses a pound I find it!! I wonder too what motivated him to do this now...I keep telling him our weight will meet in the middle but I really hope I'm wrong (would have to gain 20 more pounds to do that and I'm already 32 weeks). Good Luck!!