Monday, July 6, 2009

Doc and I are working hard to stabilize my blood sugar...

I went back today and I'm doing much better with my blood sugar. She told me that these last 7 weeks may be a bit more difficult to control, but we are working hard together to do everything we can to keep it under control. My fasting sugars (after sleeping) were still a bit high so she has adjusted my medication again. I hope this works better this time.

I'm adjusting to the no carb diet. It's not much fun, but it's like the Atkins fad. Remember that? I actually LOST 2 1/2 pounds! haha! The baby is good, but I have lost a bit of weight.

The doc wanted to do an ultrasound today to see how big the baby is to make sure he's growing okay. The little squirt weighs 4.9 pounds! He's perfectly normal in his weight. It's these last few weeks that will be the tell all. I really don't want to have a C-section. I will if it's necessary, but it isn't a choice I want to make. I would rather not be cut open. So doc is working with me to make sure we do everything we possibly can to keep me from having to have a c-section.

So good news today which was nice. Hopefully we can keep my blood sugar under control throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

No comments: