Monday, July 20, 2009

35 weeks and the third trimester OUCHIES!

Whoa. Now I see what pregnant women mean when they say "get it outta me!". I am well into my third trimester now and the aches and pains associated with it are starting to get to me. I have mentioned before how lucky I am in my pregnancy. I don't have near the problems that I've heard other pregnant women talk about. My worst problems were a bit of nausea in the first trimester and an extremely manageable Gestational Diabetes situation.

But now...wow. I have itchy red bums, itchy deep purple stretch marks. I have to go to bathroom every hour now and my bones hurt. Yes. My pelvic bones. All of them. If I sit for too long, when I get up, I am literally hobbling from the discomfort. It's not anything I can't handle, but it's not fun. AND the baby likes punching me "down there". I'll get a sharp pain from time to time "down there" that makes me gasp in pain. It doesn't last long, but it is extremely unpleasant.

On the brightside? My baby showers are over and I have everything I need. At least I think I do. Obviously, with no experience here, I'm not totally sure. But I think I have everything even butt cream.

Oh, and my son now has more clothes than my husband and I combined. It helps having two sisters with boys. Hand me downs!!!!

No comments: