Wednesday, July 8, 2009

We had our first baby class last night...

So my husband and I attended our first of three Labor and Delivery Classes so we can start learning about what we are in for here.

The class was interesting and informative but the highlight was when the men in the room had to take turns wearing an Empathy Belly! Ahahhahaah!!!!!! let them feel what it's like! The funniest part was when the instructor put the belly on the first victim, she threw a pen on the floor and said "here, pick that up for me would ya'?" haha! You should have seen him trying to bend over. It was hilarious and all the ladies in the room were laughing because we SO know what it's like to have to pick things up off the floor. No fun!

Next week we learn about the different methods of delivery and the next week we learn what to do with the baby once it's here. Sitting for three hours is not fun in an uncomfortable chair, but what we are learning is priceless.

1 comment:

Mama's the Boss said...

Matt was the first to wear the belly in our class. I wish I had a camera with me for it!! Is Janet Elrod your teacher?

Oh, Matt says the birth videos are nothing like the real thing.