Monday, July 27, 2009

The nursery is ready...I think

So with my limited knowledge, I still believe the nursery is ready for the baby.  I still need to get a mobile for the crib, a few more 4 oz. bottles and a thermometer.  Oh, and a grooming kit.  I don't have little baby nail clippers yet.  Hopefully I can pick those up this week sometime, then I feel I will be ready.

I hesitated whether to share this information with you or not because it is a private matter and I don't want the judgmental people attacking me over this.  But I decided that I will not attempt to breastfeed.  I have been torn about this decision since I first found out I was pregnant.  I have read everything I can find regarding breastfeeding vs. bottlefeeding.  But ultimately, it is what is best for me and the baby.  Bottlefeeding will be best for both of us.  Are you judging me right now?  Well, that is your right.  But I ask you to respect my feelings on this matter. What was right for you, is not necessarily right for me.  The reason I decided to disclose this information is because there may be others of you out there that are in the process of trying to make this huge decision and I wanted to let you know that I am on your side if you choose to bottlefeed.  My husband and I both were bottlefed babies and we are both fine from the formula served up in the 70's.  Formula has improved a lot since then and I have no concerns about my decision.  

If you feel like you need to criticize me for this decision...I advise you not to.  My mood ain't so great these days.  I will verbally thrash you.  So don't waste your time.  lol.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know, that I too, chose to bottlefeed and I got some negative feedback from some people. That I wasn't doing what was best for the baby, I always responded with I am doing what I feel is best for my family. I just couldn't see myself breastfeeding in public, plus I had to go back to work in 8 weeks, so I didn't and couldn't deal with that at week. So far, my son is almost 6 months old and so far he has been sick one time, with a double ear infection. Anyway, I think bottlefeeding is great! I'm glad I'm not the only who chooses that way!

Mama's the Boss said...

It is such a feeling of accomplishment when you have the nursery done.

Anonymous said...

Please don't feel bad about your decision. That is a decision that is for YOU and your husband only need to decide. I bottlefed and yes was judged but let me tell you...one of my "friends" that gave me the hardest time was not even able to breast feed her 1st baby (about a year after mine was born) and she decided quickly that bottlefed babies weren't that bad after all. LOL. Just remember your little boy is yours to do right by and even mess up sometimes...no one elses. LOL. My boys are now 6 and 9 and I say I didn't hold them enough when they were little because they grow sooo very fast. But watching them grow is a bittersweet feeling. Enjoy every minute and always remember...don't sweat the small stuff!

Rachel Story said...

Jennifer, don't worry about what others think, which I know you don't anyway. Its your decision. Yes, I think that Breast-feeding is great, but only if the mother & baby can tolerate it. Some babies just don't latch on so to speak, and some mothers can't because of health reasons, or just the thought. I want to attempt it myself when that time comes, however, I don't criticize those who bottle feed either. There aren't many who do breast feed anymore. You will be an awesome mom no matter what-just sit back, relax while you can & enjoy every minute of it. I hope my time comes soon too. I have PCOS & Metabolic Syndrome so I'm not sure how hard or easy it will be for me. Wish me luck!!! Good Luck!!! Your baby boy will be so beautiful!!!

Jennifer's Baby Blog said...

Hi Rachel! Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate that. ;) I wish you the very best of luck. Getting pregnant is difficult for many. It took me about a year to find that magic window of time where you are able to conceive. I have several friends who had to go thru procedures to conceive too. But when it finally happens it's so completely worth it. Just don't give up. No matter how long it takes. Good luck!