Monday, April 20, 2009

Sleep as much as you can before the baby comes...yeah...riiiiiight.....

From the moment I found out I was pregnant and began telling people, the one major piece of advice I have received is to "enjoy all the sleep you can before the baby comes". I understand WHY I'm getting this advice believe me. I'm ready to be exhausted and sleep deprived for several months after the baby comes. But quite honestly? I've been sleep deprived since about 10 weeks! Getting up every two hours to go to the bathroom. Flopping my pregnant belly back in forth as I try to turn in bed. There are only two ways that I can sleep. On my left side or on my back. If I sleep on my right side, my right arm falls asleep. Dreaming strange dreams doesn't help in the sleep department either.

What people should say is this: sleep as much as you can...in bits and pieces...before the baby comes. Or basically...enjoy the freedom to sleep as much as you can before the baby comes. ;)

I'm 22 weeks pregnant today. I can't wait til the baby gets here. Bring on the exhaustion! I'm ready for it!

No comments: