Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My racing heart...

Last night I woke up about 1:15am and my heart was racing. And the little boy was moving around like crazy and my right arm was asleep. I swore I was having a heart attack! I got up and paced back and forth for a bit and tried to take some deep breaths. I went to the four pregnancy books I had and not one of them mentioned a racing heartbeat and what it meant. Stinkin' books. No help! So then I got online and started looking at the pregnancy forums. Whew! Thank goodness. Apparantly a faster heartbeat is normal and has to do with the blood volume. I took my pulse and it was elevated but not above normal. I called my doctor's office and left a message asking them to call me today so I could talk with them about it for some reassurance. They haven't called me back yet, but I will be calling them again here shortly.

This is the website I found incredibly helpful: http://www.pregnancy-info.net/

Use it, love it.

No comments: