Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wow, the countdown is officially here.

I am 39 weeks pregnant this week.  I am off work on maternity leave now and I will be induced this Friday. I go back and forth from being really excited to really scared.  I'm just sort of plugging right along day by day, hour by hour.  I don't think I really realize what's about to happen.  But there is no doubt in my mind that I want this baby more than anything in the world.   The nursery is ready.  I think I have everything I need.  We go into the hospital this Thursday night at Midnight to start the petocin and induce labor.  Hopefully everything will go well and I won't end up with a C-section.  If I do, it's fine, I would just rather not be cut open.  I've never been IN the hospital before, as in a patient who stays.  I'm not used to being confined but I hear I won't care about that and will be grateful for the nurses care.  I also can't have anything to eat after midnight Thursday until the baby is born on Friday.  I am NOT a very nice person when I'm hungry.  But I've also heard that I won't be thinking about food.  We'll see if all this "advice" I've been given rings true.  As soon as I can get online after the baby is born, I will send pictures, stats, name, etc.  Thanks for following my blog!  

2 comments:

Gayle McKeethan said...

Best wishes Jennifer!

kerbear135 said...

I just heard that little Alex is here! Congrats Jennifer!