Thursday, August 6, 2009

I met Braxton-Hicks at the Grocery Store yesterday.

I finally met the elusive Braxton Hicks! I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. Turns out, I had been having some Braxton Hicks contractions, but didn't realize it. I just assumed they would hurt, but mine haven't. I talked with my sister the other day about them and she said it's just a tightening feeling. Well while I was at the grocery store, my stomach tightened up or contracted and then relaxed.

In the midst of my frustration with what seemed like a million people in my way at Kroger, I stopped, enjoyed the moment, and smiled.

I felt another one last night before bed. I'm glad these don't hurt. From what I understand, everyone's experiences encountering Braxton Hicks can be different. So far, mine have been kind of cool.

No comments: