Monday, August 10, 2009

If the baby doesn't come on his own, I will be induced on Friday, August 21st!

I had a doctor's appointment this past Friday and the doctor and I discussed our options.  If the baby doesn't come on his own, she will induce me on Friday, August 21st.  My due date is August 24th and my first date to be induced was Tuesday, August 25th but that date wasn't available.  So the 21st was my second choice.  We don't want to let him go past the due date.  There are several reasons we decided on that.

So!  Very exciting!  I was less than 1cm dilated this past Friday so doc says there is little chance I would go into labor before the 21st and I hope I don't because she will be out of town this weekend!  I can't imagine having anyone else but Dr. Martin deliver my baby.  We've gone through all of this together and it would be wierd having a stranger during the final stretch of this.  So  hopefully he will hang in until the 21st.  

I'm definitely exhausted.  I don't see how pregnant women with young children do this.  Yesterday, I was completely worthless.  Totally exhausted and unmotivated to do anything.  I spent most of the day in the living room napping on and off.  I did manage to do laundry, watch a movie, make lunch & dinner.  My husband hung the curtain rod and curtain's in the nursery.  Beyond that, not much else was done.  I felt semi-guilty about my laziness, but then everyone keeps telling me to rest while I can.  So I am.

This is my last week of work.  I begin Maternity leave on Monday, August 17th and expect to return to the airwaves on Wednesday, October 14th.  I will continue to post on my blog and let you know how things are going!  

No comments: