Friday, August 14, 2009

One week from today, I will have a baby!

Wow, I can't believe it's time. It's gone pretty fast. But not too fast. I think the thing I will miss the most is the feeling of the baby moving in my tummy. That is pretty cool. So I will miss that. But I'm ready to have him on the outside.

I go in Thursday afternoon and Dr. Martin will put a foley catheter into my cervix to help open it up. Then we go in to the hospital at midnight that night and they will start the petocin to induce labor.

There is a part of me that wishes I would just naturally go into labor, but I'm only dialated about 1 cm so far so it looks like inducing will be the best bet. Doc says that babies in a Gestational Diabetes situation tend to have larger shoulders, so we really don't want to let him get to big so I can deliver him normally.

If all goes well, the baby will be here sometime on Friday! Can't wait!

3 comments:

kerbear135 said...

Good luck Jennifer! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and baby! Can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK JENNIFER! MY FIRST BABY WAS DUE AUGUST 20 BUT I MISCARRIED AT 16 WEEKS. I HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPIER ENDING!

Jennifer's Baby Blog said...

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Really sorry. I hope you are able to get pregnant again soon and that everything works out. I am so sorry.