Monday, May 4, 2009

I don't remember what it's like to sleep soundly...

Since about 10 weeks I haven't slept all the way through the night except maybe one time. I have gotten up one to three times per night since then. That's about 5 months now since I've slept all the way through the night. Going to bed at night and not waking up until my alarm goes off the next morning. I totally miss that.

I know that it is nature's way of preparing me for getting up every two hours with the baby and I try to remind myself about that when my bladder is screaming at me as I try to ignore it and keep on sleeping.

Ahhhh....but to really sleep. I mean REALLY sleep again. I have a ways to go before I can enjoy that again.

1 comment:

Me said...

Ah- sleep... What is that?? Ways to go- yeah, about 18 years. And then I bet we'll worry about them at school or with their girlfriends... I wonder if we ever truly get to know sleep again??

Rena