Friday, May 22, 2009

Another Gestational Diabetes test on Tuesday

You may remember that my doctor requested that I take the Gestational Diabetes test early. The one-hour test came back abnormal so I had to take the three hour test. That came back just fine. Well now I have to take it when you are SUPPOSED to take it. So no food Tuesday morning. My test is at 9am. When I get there, they will take my blood and then I have to drink this orange crushy flavored drink. After one hour they take my blood again. Then again in another hour, then again in another hour. I get to leave around Noon to eat. This is not fun. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure my baby is as healthy as he can possibly be.

I also will have a 27 week checkup. fingers and toes crossed that I don't have GD! I really don't want to have to deal with a diet.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Jennifer, have you heard how the GD test turned out? I hope you don't have GD. I have heard that the baby could be very big when he is born if you have GD.