Monday, May 11, 2009

I did more yardwork than any pregnant woman should...

I am the type of girl who despises laziness.  Don't get me wrong, relaxing has its time and place, but for the most part, I stay pretty active.  At 25 weeks pregnant, I am finding that there are limitations to what I can do.  I also have to realize that it's not necessarily about me and what I want right now.  It's what is best for the baby.  

Yesterday after a fabulous Mother's Day lunch with my Mom, Dad and Hubby, I went to Lowe's and purchased some perennials.  I'm trying to make my garden as easy as possible to maintain so I also put that weedstop fabric down.  The flower bed I was working in wasn't that big, but all the squatting, Kneeling, standing up, shoveling, raking and planting really took it's toll on me.  Talk about aching joints!  I got so close to finishing that I didn't want to stop.  I had to sit down every few minutes and rest.  The cool thing was, my body was letting me know I was doing too much.  All I had to do was listen.  

After quite some time, I finished my planting and weedstopping.  Rested a minute, then got back up and mowed.  ;)  I believe the baby enjoys the sound of the lawnmower.  He's used to it now.  Puts him right to sleep!

I just can't stand sitting around on my rear end doing nothing.  I suppose I will rethink this around July when I'm huge.  

1 comment:

Mama's the Boss said...

Yes--you will rethink this (or at least I did). :)

It's good to stay active during your pregnancy. I think it makes being pregnant easier.