Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Placenta Brain

So have you heard about Placenta brain? If you are pregnant you already know about this and you may call it something else. Placenta brain to me is the inevitable confusion that comes with pregnancy. The "blonde moment" so to speak. This one is hilarious. One of my good friends is also pregnant and she is due the day before me. She put on her socks and boots and laced them up and started walking out the door when she realized she had no pants on. BahahahaAAAAAA!!!! That's hilarious! For me? This is a big placenta brain moment. I booked two plane tickets to St. Louis for the end of March. When the charges showed up on my checking account it looked funny to me and I freaked out, cancelled my debit card and filled out fraud forms at the bank. Whoops...all is well thank goodness, but seriously? How embarassing.

Have you had placenta brain moments you would like to share?

2 comments:

Mama's the Boss said...

I am due in 6 weeks.

This morning I stood outside my office door pushing the unlock button on my car keypad as if it would also work on a regular door lock.

This is just one of many things that has happened to me with "pregnancy brain".

Anonymous said...

I am 24 weeks today. Last week I poured myself a bowl of cereal, put the box away, went to the fridge to get milk, and...

I have no idea how I forgot to eat but I was under the impression that I ate my bowl of cereal that morning. My husband asked when I got home "why did you leave your cereal on the counter?"

I guess I never made it back with the milk and I just went on with my day as if breakfast had happened. This explains why I was starving by the time lunch rolled around!!