Monday, February 23, 2009

I reckon' I'm gonna' have a baby...

FINALLY!  at 36 years old, the efforts paid off and I am finally pregnant!  I am expecting my first baby in late August and I am so excited I can't stand it!  I found out the morning after the company Christmas party.  Thankfully, I didn't indulge TOO much at the Christmas party. I've never been much of a drinker.  I randomly took a pregnancy test, hopeful it would be positive, but totally doubting it.  All the signs of my "monthly visitor" were there.  I couldn't possibly be pregnant!  Well low and behold, the test was positive. WHAT????????  I started freaking out thinking this was some sort of joke.  Did I DARE get excited?  I called the doctor's office and she told me that if I went in that day, they would just do the same thing I did.  She made an appointment for me when I would be at 6 weeks.  I took five more pregnancy tests in the meantime, just to make sure.  

I don't know how people don't TELL anyone!  I immediately told the people closest to me and asked them to keep it quiet until after my first trimester.  I didn't want to jynx anything.

I went to see my OB/GYN at 6 weeks and she immediately found the little peanut and heard a nice strong heartbeat.  Yep, I was indeed pregnant.  I totally started crying when I heard the heartbeat.  It was so neat!  

I went to the doctor again at 10 weeks and now today, is 14 weeks.  I go again this afternoon.  My baby is about the size of an orange I think . Feels more like a football.

I have so much more to write, but I have to get into the studio.  

Are you pregnant??? I want to know!  Join my Baby Blog! 

No comments: