Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My boy turns ONE on Saturday!

How did that happen? Alex will turn one year old on Saturday. Everyone told me it goes by fast, but I had no idea just HOW fast! I try to make sure I am "in the moment" with my son. I catch myself straying from time to time, worrying about the dishes or the laundry or my job. But then I catch myself. When I am with my son. I am with my son. Nothing else matters. Easier said than done sometimes. But I do try!

So we are having THREE parties to celebrate my son's first birthday. I didn't want to bombard him with so many people at once so we are celebrating this Friday night with my husband's family. Saturday night with my family and Sunday night with our friends. That way everyone can get some loving from Alex without him being too overwhelmed.

I still can't believe he is going to be one.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Alex!