Monday, October 5, 2009

Alex is 6 weeks old now!

Wow...6 weeks have gone by.  On October 16th, Alex will have his 2 month immunization shots and then I will return to work on October 19th.  I was going to try to come back to work on October 12th, but decided to wait one more week for Alex to get his shots and for him to pass that 2 month mark before I take him to daycare.  I know when I drop him off, I will be a basket case, but I'm ready for life to be the way it's going to be.  I'm ready to figure out how to balance work and life with a new baby.  

I had my 6 week post-natal check up with Dr. Martin too.  Everything looks great and she said the swelling in my stomach should subside completely around  three months.  Do you know after 6 weeks that my stomach muscles are STILL sore?  That was quite a workout I guess!  

Being pregnant and delivering Alex is all sort of a distant memory now.  My life now revolves around this adorable little boy who now is smiling at me!  What a beautiful smile it is!  

No comments: